The mission of the Tipton Arts Council, Inc. is to sponsor, encourage and create opportunities or participation in and appreciation of the visual and performing arts while emphasizing our local community's interest and values. This council shall also create a greater understanding and appreciation of the humanities for the citizens of Tipton County.
Our Vision is to sponsor, encourage, and create opportunities for participation in and appreciation in and appreciation of the visual and performing arts. While reflecting our local community's interest and values, we are fully dedicated to promoting, preserving, and protecting the Historic Ruffin Theater.
Tipton Arts Council Inc. operates on a set of core values that include but are not limited to:
- Enhancing the community livability.
- Supporting both the performing and visual arts.
- Functioning as a primary showcase for a variety of talent.
- Targeting sustainability both financially and professionally.
- Partnering with local education in the arts.
- Offering a safe and encouraging environment to develop performance and leadership skills.
- Offer the opportunity for public, private and home schooled students to interact and broaden their experiences.